I am often asked: If I sue can I get my attorney fees? Or on the other hand, if I lose can the other side recover attorney fees from me?
This is an area that is fraught with peril. The information below is general information only. You must consult a lawyer to determine whether and how these general guidelines apply to your situation:
- Deceptive Trade Practices: Prevailing consumer shall be awarded Attorney fees. Prevailing defendant shall be awarded fees if suit was found to be groundless or brought in bad faith or for purposes of harassment.
- Fraudulent transfer: Court may award fees and costs.
- Fraud in real estate or stock transaction: Available.
- Action to inspect books and records: Available to director or shareholder who is refused an inspection of the Corporation’s books or records.
- Sworn account: Available.
- Negligence resulting in personal injury: Not available.
- Oral or written contract: Available.